Our in-house and freelance publisher and research team can undertake all aspects of research in the educational publishing sector to help develop robust, educationally valid propositions with a sound business rationale and supporting evidence. These can then be carried through to delivery by one of our expert publishers through all stages of the publishing process and business
- Competitor analysis and market data, including UK and global trends
- Research into pedagogies, qualifications and international benchmarking
- Quantitative surveys, focus groups and customer research
- Business case development, with all required financial data and evidence
- Product and service concept, including product descriptions and USPs
- All aspects of the Publisher role required, from concept through to delivery
We excel in balancing the key priorities in project management: time, cost and quality. Our project management processes are derived from PRINCE2 methods and are adapted to suit the unique needs of each client.
- Development of project initiation documentation
- Planning of schedules, critical paths and budgets using Microsoft Project
- Kick-off meetings and briefings
- Structured project management processes and reporting
- Risk and issue management and fast movement on problems
- Budget and resource management
- Project management training and workshops
- Maintenance of communication and information flow between the
Our team understands the importance of finding the perfect visual style for your project and has the skill and creative drive to devise suitable and innovative solutions. Working alongside in-house illustrators and media researchers, we create intuitive products to maximise readability, usability and visual appeal.
- Interface design
- Page design and layouts – new concepts and re-editions
- Resource pack and CD sleeve design
- Interactive games
- Cover design
From contracting subject experts right through to the final proofread,
Elektra Media can expertly handle all stages of the editorial process, including
third-party endorsement. We have experience in commissioning all roles within the publishing sector, using our extensive network of freelance authors, editors and proofreaders.
- Author management
- Development editing
- Third party endorsement
- Text permissions
Our illustration team produces stunning images to suit any budget and brief. They understand the importance of a target audience and appreciate that each publication requires a unique, appropriate style. Unrestricted copyright is granted to clients and vector format adds versatility and increases potential
- Age-relevant, relatable character portraits
- Clear technical illustrations and schematic diagrams
- Complex, technically-accurate graphs
- Engaging comic strips
- Full-colour maps
- Game and video interfaces
Photo, video and audio research are available as standalone services or can be used to complement our illustration service. Our media research team understands the importance of photographic guidelines for international markets and has an in-depth knowledge of copyright laws for all media types in print and digital publications.
Our focus is on producing high quality resources designed to appeal to your target audience while maintaining educational validity. We design products with reuse and re-skinning in mind to allow subsequent products to be produced quickly and cost-effectively.
We have significant experience in developing platforms that deliver content in an engaging and cost-effective way. We pride ourselves on our flexibility and ability to realise your vision and are happy to ensure compliance with your existing SCORM and VLE products where required.
Our development capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Content delivery platforms
- Interactive CD-ROMs
- Graphically-rich interactive games and activities
- Interactive animations to demonstrate key concepts and ideas
- Server-side coding (such as PHP5 and MySQL)
- Compatibility with PCs, Macs, tablets and mobiles
- eBooks to deliver content directly to mobile devices
- Product development for specific accessibility requirements
We understand that many projects feature a large volume of content which requires processing, conversion or adaptation. We are experienced in and equipped to work with audio, video, images and text. Our team engages with content to ensure the best possible fit within the specified template. We have in place rigorous internal QA procedures which ensure quality, consistency
- ‘Intelligent’ data entry
- Content meta tagging
- Audio editing
- Image manipulation
Assuring quality is a crucial part of our business. Every delivery that we supply to clients is thoroughly checked; quality is rigorously assessed against a test plan produced in the early phases of the project. We also undertake testing and quality assurance on third party products, and are able to work with our clients’ own established systems.
Types of testing regularly undertaken include:
- Confirmation and regression
- Quality and consistency assurance